COVID-19 Supplementary Information for Guests
Thank you again for booking a property of Cantinho Rural. We are excited that you are joining us and we hope to make you feel as safe as possible while you are with us.
Please read our COVID-19 Supplementary Information for Guests. This is for the safety of everyone: you and your family, but also the health and safety of our staff and their families, as well as our other guests.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Cleaning and disinfection
- To ensure proper cleaning and disinfection, we are no longer accepting early check ins or late check outs. This means that all check outs must be completed by 10:00 and that check ins cannot be done before the 16:00.
- After check out, all windows are opened to allow air to circulate in all rooms.
- All surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected with bleach or alcohol-based cleaning products, and heavy-use areas will be thoroughly disinfected: kitchen countertops, bathrooms, door handles, light switches, keys, remote controls, etc.
- All our beds and bed pillows have impermeable covers that are changed for every new reservation.
All our sheets and towels are washed at high temperatures.
- Curtains, sofas and other tissue surface items are disinfected with disinfectant spray.
Preparing your trip
- As always, we recommend that guests purchase travel insurance so that they are fully covered in the event of cancellation and trip interruption.
- Bring masks for yourself and all other guests. It is mandatory for check in. All public places in Portugal require that you wear masks indoors.
- If any of the guests do not have a mask for check in you will need to purchase it from us. Price is 2€/mask.
- Because of the need to report any possible cases of Covid-19 to the health authorities, it is crucial that you or someone in your party have a mobile phone that works in Portugal. If you or someone in your party becomes ill, we have a protocol in place to isolate the suspected case and help you as much as we can.
- We will keep operating on a personal check-in basis, but with the necessary measures.
- Please let us know your arrival time at least 24 in the day before arrival and let us know if you need to change it for any reason.
- No handshake or contact compliment is allowed.
- The guest registration shall be performed online previously, with the filling of the form you receive some days before arrival. Unfortunately, we do not have any other way of receiving the city tax, so it should be paid in cash. Please try to have the exact amount to avoid changes.
Inside our properties
- All houses have alcohol gel in the entrance of the house and soap in every bathroom. Please wash your hands well immediately upon entering the house.
- We have removed some rugs, decorative pillows and other decorative items. We realize these items make the apartments ‘homier’, but they are also potential problem spots for infection and are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- The houses have been cleaned and disinfected according to the recommendations of Portugal Tourism Government and Government Health Department before your arrival. During your stay, please also take care to keep you and your family safe. Each house contains cleaning items which you can use to periodically clean heavy-use spots such as door handles and light switches.
- If there is any problem with the house that requires assistance either from a member of our staff, they will only enter with your permission, and everyone who is in the same room should wear a mask. In entering any house that is currently occupied, staff will always be wearing a mask.
- Consider keeping at least one window open in each room so that the air can circulate.
Please maintain social distancing: keep any visitors to your house to an absolute minimum and that you do not visit other guests or have them visiting your house.
- Consider leaving all shoes at the door.
COVID possible case
In case any guest presents one of the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath
- Immediately contact us:
- Phone: +351 917833079 or +351 938717682
or +0044 7896550530 (Phone and WhatsApp)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +351 917833079 or +351 938717682
- Contact the national health number 808242424 from a Portuguese phone number. If you do not have a Portuguese phone number contact us and we redirect your call.
In case you have to stay in isolation, the extension of your stay with us will depend on availability. The costs of this extension have to be supported by you.
- In the closet for each bedroom you will find at least two large trash bags. Before you leave the house, please put:
- In one bag: add all used bedding. Tie the bag and ensure it is properly closed. Please leave duvets and quilts folded on the bed to avoid mixing with the bedding and make it easier for our removal
- In the other bag: add all towels. Tie the bag and ensure it is properly closed.
- Dispose of all trash (including recyclables) in the proper containers.
- Do not leave any food in the fridge or on the kitchen counters.
- Unless there is an obvious chance of rain, please leave one window open in each room so that air can circulate.
- Leave the key on top of the table (never on the door) and close the door. Please make sure the door is correctly closed, by pushing it from the outside. Text us to let us know you left the house.